Cooking with Carin
Today Carin teaches us how to make a Delicious, Healthy, and Beautiful Salad!
Green Salad with roasted Delicatta Squash, Candied Pumpkin Seeds and a Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Source: Amy Murray, Venus Restaurant
- 1 Bunch Green Leaf Lettuce, washed, chopped, and dried.
- 1 Delicatta Squash.
- 1/4 Pomegranate, de-seeded.
Slice the Delicatta into full moons, bout 1/4 inch thick. Spoon out the seeds from inside the center of the moons. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 350° for 30 minutes, or until browned and soft. Let cool
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Molasses.
- 1/4 Cup Sherry Vinegar.
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard.
- 1 Orange Zested and Juiced.
- Whisk or Blend in 1-1 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add Salt and Pepper to Taste.
Candied Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup.
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt.
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
Toast in oven at 350°, about 10 minutes or until toasty.
Toss the greens in the vinaigrette. Garnish the salad with roasted Delicatta Squash, Pumpkin Seeds, and Pomegranate Seeds. Serve
We hope you enjoyed this episode of Cooking with Carin, leave your comments bellow and let us know how your salad came out!Pin It